[Elfsea] RE: [blackoakkeep] A&S vs Regional War Practice

Ronnie Hodges womrn at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 27 06:16:08 PST 2004

Y'all note: Though I've been busy at work and a bit out of the loop, I
understand that the *informal* Regional war practice is Saturday (tomorrow)
the 28th, not Sunday the 29th.  I had been confused on whether it was
Saturday or Sunday, and whether it was the 28th or 29th (and tend to stay
confused unless someone shows me a calendar -- eh, Milo??! <big grin!>)

Llewelyn (I've likely butchered the spelling) is *informal* autocrat.  Our
incipient, incipient group out here east of Dallas is "hosting"; we're
hoping all our "locals" will be there.  It looks to be windy, but clear
(WHEW, and our beloved Rain King has just returned from Atenveldt!).
Pavillions are welcome, overnighting is okay.

An *informal* pot luck is forming, but if you intend to eat something, bring
enough of something to share with 5-6 others.

The site is 8718 County Road 2276, Quinlan, Texas.  MapQuest shows it, but
the driveway is north, not south, of Private Road 2280.

The site is *rustic* and *primitive*, complete with prairie wildlife, gopher
and crawdad holes.

There are trees, but most aren't well positioned or shady, so you'll want a
sun cover of some type.  We <grin!!> hope to have a port-a-jon on site.
Running water is from a well.

*Enclosed* fires only!

We welcome well-behaved horses with attentive owners and/or riders, but I
don't know if an arrangement has been made for SCA Equine insurance.

ALL ACTIVITIES AT THIS SITE ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK.  Everyone must sign a
waiver on site.
Donations to cover preparations for the practice will be $3.00 per person.

If someone coming out early will bring SCA event pointer signs, we'll get
them set up off the main road where people can see them.
Pat and Ronnie 903 356-4443; 903-356-4459.