[Elfsea] RE: Aussies try 'sword control'

Wilkerson, Glen D glen.d.wilkerson at lmco.com
Mon Jun 14 08:39:55 PDT 2004

This is not a joke, and is proof that if we aren't careful it could
still happen here.  Great Britain, Canada, and Australia went through a
massive ban on firearms many years ago after a mass shooting in Scotland
by a lunatic with an AK-47.  First came registration against "assault
type" rifles and handguns, then more stringent registration of common
sporting and hunting types of rifles, shotguns, and handguns, and then
finally the outright ban and confiscation of almost all types of
firearms.  The laws now are so extreme that if you have a banned gun and
use it in self defense against, say, a violent home invader, the penalty
against you will be more than against the guy that tried to rob you.
Proof again that the only people who benefit from "gun control" are the
criminals.  But politicians never learn, and the new ban has come about
because gangs are now arming themselves with swords and large knives.

Now you know why I am a one-issue voter.

Alaric