[Elfsea] Baronial News

Armand Dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Sun Mar 28 21:06:30 PST 2004

Greetings Elfsea!

We were pleased to find the barony safe following our return from war. Our
thanks go to all who kept it so, as well as the many folks who represented
Elfsea, Dragonsfire Tor and Loch Ruadh so well at War. There are many tales
from war this year and we look forward to seeing many of them in next
month's Scroll. We have shared some of our own there which our messengers
will be delivering soon. A special thanks goes to Lady Medb & Lord Daire for
their early efforts organizing the Elfsea camp at war. We congratulate all
who received well-deserved awards and to all who donated their time and
talents to make this a most memorable war.

In news closer to home, this weekend we traveled to Glaslyn's Defender of
the Flame which, now in it's 4th year, has continued to grow. While there
are many things we could speak of about this fine event, (the Ladies of
Glaslyn, the monkeys, the Battle of the Barons, and more) there was one in
particular that will be long reaching and of special local interest. In
Their Majesties evening court, it was announced that Loch Ruadh's bid for
Shire status has been accepted and approved! Loch Ruadh's quest for Shire
status has been long and determined and His Majesty expressed His faith in
their successful future, as do we. Congratulations to the Shire of Loch
Ruadh! (This designation will likely become official, once approved at the
Board of Directors meeting in April.)

Looking ahead, Springfaire draws near and we are very excited, because this
is going to be a very, very fun event! The autocrats, Lady Elizabeth and
Lady Medb, have been hard at work but can still use a few more hands. If you
have not yet volunteered for something, please consider helping out. There's
nothing quite like the feeling you have when you're part of making a fun,
successful event. Springfaire provides such an opportunity. We hope to see
you there.

Armand & Ameline
Baron & Baroness