[Elfsea] GULF WAR ORPHANS / HOMEGUARD

Wilkerson, Glen D glen.d.wilkerson at lmco.com
Thu Mar 4 05:26:17 PST 2004

Gulf Wars has rolled around again, and once more the Grand Army of Ansteorra
is off, travelling east to thrash Trimaris to yet another "official" tie -
and once again, some of those left behind are whining about being "Gulf War
Orphans."

And once again it is time to remind you that we aren't orphans - we are the
"Ansteorran Homeguard!"  The Trimarians are cunning and devious, and it's
always possible the force at Gulf Wars is just a diversion, and that they
may be attempting to flank the Grand Army of Ansteorra and invade through
North Keep - or perhaps they will take ship, swing wide south, and attempt a
march from, say, Tierra del Fuego...  Whatever happens, we will meet them
with what we have!  Bright, sharp swords and spears, musket and pike, round
and grapeshot from our cannon, mines, rockets, grenades, burning tires,
AK-47's, sniper rifles...  And that's just what I can dig out of MY closet!
(Finish with Howard Dean scream...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, that was fun - but now all kidding aside.  What it really is time for,
for those who aren't going to Gulf War, is the annual ANSTEORRAN HOMEGUARD
BARBECUE DINNER!

We have previously done this on Friday night, but I thought I would send
this around early to get a concensus as to whether Friday night is still
good, or would Saturday night be better?  Please let me know if people would
rather do this on Friday the 19th, or Saturday the 20th - and also give me a
preference as to time, 6ish, 7ish, when?

As always, we will be meeting at Green's Main Street Barbecue in Euless.
Take your favorite routes from east or west to Airport Freeway and Euless
Main Street just west of the interchange of Airport Freeway and 360.  Go
north on Euless Main Street and Main Street Barbecue is a few blocks up on
the right, across from and just past the Braums.  Look for the giant
armadillo smoker in the parking lot.

Mr. Hubert Green got into barbecue after he retired from his trucking
business, and after winning the National Sweet Meat Rib competition three
years in a row opened up the restaurant.  Main Street has all of the usual
barbecue staples and the all-you-can-eat buffet is $12.00 (used to be
$10.00, but it's still a bargain), but sandwich plates for a little less are
available for those with not so heroic appetites.  They have ice tea and
water, but if you have a preference for soft drinks or adult beverages, YOU
CAN BRING IN YOUR OWN COOLERS.

So, bring your appetites, bring your war stories from events past, bring
your favorite home brew, and let's have some barbecue!

Don Alaric