[Elfsea] Steppes Warlord

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Mon May 31 10:13:01 PDT 2004

The last evening court was the funniest I have every attended. Previously,
it had been announced that Jarl Timo had become the Chivalric champion and
his lady Countess Allyson was the Queen of Love and Beauty. She had agreed
to be the consort of Don Aaron for the Rapier Champion tournament which was
fought the next day. It was a long and hard fought tournament, but Don Aaron
won. And Allyson was now the consort of both the Chivalric and Rapier
Champions! "Love and Beauty" and "Grace and Honor". I'm sure she has the
remaining 3 virtues also.

When the scribes were finishing the scrolls, they were thrown out of the
Civic Center (our time was up). In the hast they may have made a minor
error. The scroll for Don Aaron was for the Queen of Grace and Honor and the
scroll for Allyson was for the the Rapier Champion! It was read into law
that way and they made much of it. Pictures with Don Aaron in the garland of
flowers were taken. There was much ribbing that Timo and Aaron were sharing
the same lady, though we knew this was all above board with Allyson
embodying all the virtues (except Juliana Virtue). Allyson declared her
intention to keep that scroll and put it in the place of highest honor in
her home.

We left just before the rains hit and do not know the results of the bardic.

Caelin on Andrede