[Elfsea] Free large dog to good home

Daniel Gutridge dgutridge2003 at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 20:57:02 PDT 2004

We have a 1.5 year old Rottweiler that needs a good home.  There are no real catches.  He is a very good boy.  He is trained (he can even jump through hoops).  He is not trained to be violent in any way and we have no real issues with him except he weighs 120 pounds and is a horse and requires a lot of attention.  He was my daughter’s dog and she has left home and it going to Hawaii and can't take him.  We have other large dogs and cannot give this good boy the attention he deserves (he is getting a little mopey and depressed).  He requires a lot of attention and would not be a good apartment dog unless you want to spend several hours a day out walking him.  He looks very scary and is the perfect specimen of a Rottweiler but does not have papers (I have met both of his parents and he is full breed).  He is OK for events and while he looks scary the pizza delivery man is the likely suspect if your house is burglarized when he is on duty.  He likes children, but because of his size
 would not likely be good for very small children (I don't expect he'd bite them (he has never bitten anyone), but he is a 120 lb lap dog).  He is not a chewing problem (we have leather furniture and no issues there).  I think he would respond best to being the only dog (he likes attention) but, I expect few issues with other dogs as he is very social.  He has all shots, is in perfect shape, and is neutered.  He is not crate trained (I expect the crate that could hold him does not exist – at 120 pounds he is a force of nature) but is fully outdoor trained and has not made a mess in the house sine he was 3 months old.  Again – he is a very good and lovable boy.

We would let someone have him on a trial period as we want him to have a good home - it really breaks my heart to let him go, but with our other dogs we cannot give him the attention he deserves.  He would be best for a woman, but he likes men also.  He wants a mom.  I did forget that he likes to play the chase the cat game, but never harms them.

I am certain he would protect his master to his last breath.

Daniel & Siobhan

dgutridge at sbcglobal.net

817-656-1242