[Elfsea] Gas prices and local participation

Gerita/Carolle Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Sun May 9 06:59:01 PDT 2004

Greetings to Thora the Curious (smile),

We live in the north of The Steppes, so gas consumption is a question
for anything we attend, especially because our two big events of the
year are held in the southern area (Ennis and Canton).

Already, we are limited to attending few events during the year by work
schedules, school schedules, and other considerations.  We're really
trying to hold onto the few we still get to visit.  Gas, for my vehicle,
is within a dime of $2/gallon, so I anticipate that vehicle will Not be
the one going to events, even though it was bought for just that
purpose.

Populations in some areas may be able to support proliferated small
groups, but here there just aren't enough of us to form a group between
the center of Steppes and the upper-edge Canton of Glaslyn, even if we
wanted to.

It's a sad thing to say, but I think we've hit the highest attendance
levels we'll ever see at events, and those levels are already behind us.

Ever in service,
Gerita

People are like stained glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the
sun is out, but when darkness sets in, their beauty is revealed only if
there is a light from within. -- Elizabeth Kübler-Ross