[Elfsea] Gas prices and local participation

Crandall crandall at elfsea.net
Mon May 10 05:17:33 PDT 2004

I know that many of us are heavily affected by prices skyrocketing.
But I also recall a time when many of us simply traveled to events in large groups. And carpooled. And camped in community tents.
A full sized eight passenger van can carry eight, and gear, for an amazing event experience.
True, we did without many of the luxuries seen today, but we had fun.
As far as classes go, if we take the time to find out who is planning on going, making a set park-n-ride location, we may even get more participation at the outlying activities. For example, we had 4 Elfsea people at Dragonsfire Tor for Stella's pigment class. Ameline rode with Stella, and Irina used the Crandall Taxi Service.

Crandall