[Elfsea] Demos and Projects

Sharon Pelfrey Sharon at garnetpromotions.com
Wed May 19 14:18:16 PDT 2004

Greetings, Elfsea,

With all of the demo requests over the last couple of weeks, I thought that I would send out this reminder.  All demo requests must go through the demo coordinator and be approved by the Barony.

We get many requests for demos.  It is important not to overtax our resources and to be sure we can do a good demo.  The procedures set up are not to discourage, but to protect the Barony.  If you have someone contacting you about a demo, please forward the information to Ceatta, our demo coordinator.

We have a lot of enthusiastic and independent people in our Barony.  While I am thrilled with this, it can also be a problem.  There is an officer responsible for almost any activity in the SCA.  When we do things without consulting/warning the officer in charge it makes that person's job much more difficult.

If you have a project or hear of an opportunity go for it!  Just take the time to contact the officer in charge of that area, to verify the proper procedure, if any.  Often all we need is a heads up.

Talk to each other.

Cassandra Palfrey
Seneschal of Elfsea