[Elfsea] Mendersham Defender Pictures

Tara Derington sabine at mail2world.com
Mon May 17 12:38:49 PDT 2004

Valentyn,

Remember at the end of the day when everyone smelled but me?  That is
because while you were out being stabbed, I was out enjoying the day and
the continuous shot feature of my new toy.

And Dear, there is nothing wrong with my lens that was just you . losing
your final bout.

Yes everyone there was great fun to be had at Mendersham this weekend,
but perhaps the best moments came towards the middle of the day.  The
heavy list was finished (Sir Jean Paul was the victor) and the light
list was coming to an end.  The semi finals boasted all Elfsea or people
that we claim - Valentyn, Joachim, Jocelyn (Kat), and Ragendall.
Jocelyn eliminated Ragendall. Valentyn eliminated Jocelyn. Leaving
Joachim to eliminate Valentyn.

All in all, Elfsea showed itself very well to its Western friends.  We
had two of our Baronial Guards enter the heavy list - Daire and Melissa
(who also fought in the light tourney as well).  On the light side,
Elfsea fielded eight - Valentyn, Jocelyn, Daniel, Ragendall, Genna,
Melissa, Joachim, and Tara.

All that were authorized filled in when needed to marshal.  Including
Valentyn who also heralded the light list much to everyone's enjoyment.
Throughout the day I saw many courteous acts from these fine people -
from helping the Baron and Baroness of Bonwicke get their pavilion set
up on the field to making sure that Their Excellencies were prepared for
court that evening.  Valentyn again gave quite an interesting show
during feast with his juggling, and then again assisted Their
Excellencies as their Herald in evening court.

All in all there was much fun to be had throughout the day; I will say
again that the West has found a wonderful site in Hords Creek (and only
3 hours from Elfsea!).  With kitchen, electricity, running water, flush
toilets, and showers - my only wish was that it be closer to the
metroplex so we could use it for our events!  I hope to be able to put
together a large contingent from Elfsea to make the trek out there for
Gothic War.

Ever in Service,

Sabine