[Elfsea] Vehical Question

Irena or Ren, whichever rubberduckiemom at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 04:44:07 PST 2004

Thank you so much for your encouragement.  We are still trying to find something.  What we thought was going to be a good deal just hasn't happened.  It sucks to be reaping what has been sown on the credit farm!  Ugh!  I have had my share of lemons as well.

Still looking and hoping,
Ldy Katrine la Esclopiera

lizdenpeters at juno.com wrote:
@font-face {	font-family: Tahoma;}@page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; }P.MsoNormal {	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"}LI.MsoNormal {	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"}DIV.MsoNormal {	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"}A:link {	COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline}SPAN.MsoHyperlink {	COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline}A:visited {	COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline}SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {	COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline}P {	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 0in; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0in; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"}SPAN.EmailStyle18 {	COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial}DIV.Section1 {	page: Section1}M'lady,

It would also be a good idea to obtain the vehicle history on any used vehicle you are considering.  If it has ever had a "salvage title," I would advise against the purchase.  Salvage Titles are issued when a vehicle has been totaled.  These totalled vehicles are then auctioned.  Individuals and some companies then purchase them for very little, do mechanical and/or body work and re-sell them.  They may have some critical issues with the frame (most modern vehicles have uni-bodies, etc.) and may not even be safe to drive.  Also, many title histories do not transfer from one state to another so, for example, if a vehicle was totaled and sold as salvage in Oklahoma, repaired, and then "moved" to Texas, the Salvage Title may not show on the Texas Title History.

Another good idea is to find a trustworthy mechanic to evaluate any used vehicle you are seriously considering.  It will cost; however, if it saves you from purchasing a "lemon," it is money well spent.

YIS,

Lady Fionnghuala the Fair  ~ "Nuala" (who has purchased & driven more lemons than she likes to think about)
"I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal."
                Jane Austen, 'Letters'