[Elfsea] Need a picture of an illumination

Damon & Christine Huse dchuse at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 21 19:42:28 PST 2004

Hola!

A few months ago, I tried my hand at painting an milkmaid milking her
cow.  I got the picture from "Women in the Middle Ages" by Francis and
Joseph Giles on page 148.  If you've read the book, then you know that
the pictures are very fuzzy.  I showed it to Duchess Willow and she said
the colors I used were very wrong and I really needed to take a look at
a colored picture.  We went back to her home and we looked through
nearly every book she had on illumination (again, thank you, Your
Grace!), but to no avail, we could not find a color picture of the
illumination.  I found online the MS Bodley Beastairy book, "/Bestiary:
Being an English Version of the Bodleian Library, Oxford MS Bodley 764"/
that this illumination might be in.

My question is this....Does anyone have this book or even a color copy
of this illumination?  If so, can you scan the picture for me? I will be
more than happy to prove a CD to burn it on, if need be.

Thanks!

Maria