[Elfsea] A Missive from Sabine

Sabine le Curter purpleermine at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 07:15:08 PST 2004

Greetings Your Excellency

I send this missive with a swift messenger, but alas when riding in
from the West; swiftness is a relative term.  Yes, Your Excellency, I
am currently residing in the keep of Earl Aaron MacGregor, in the
Shire of Trelac, Western Region of the Kingdom of Ansteorra.

Earl Aaron had heard of Elfsea's troubles with raiders and brigands
and had already set in motion the preparations of a force to send to
our aid.  Upon hearing of my capture, he surmised that Elfsea would
not be able to spare any of their local men for my rescuing so he set
off in search of me Himself.  It took him a great deal of time to
locate me in the far southern reaches of our Kingdom, but I was
greatly pleased to see a familiar face ride through the gates, and to
tell you the truth I believe my captors did as well.

You see the Southerners who stole me away did so because after
searching my Study, and seeing all the scrolls and manuscripts that I
have stored and maintained for you, they thought I was a master in the
study of Warcraft.  Upon speaking to me they realized their grave
error, and were quite unsure what they were going to do with me.

In a matter of hours, they had come to regret their decision of
kidnapping me.  I know it is hard to believe Your Excellency, but when
I choose to I can be quite a difficult Lady to handle.  Needless to
say, I took great joy in disrupting the daily life of my captors while
waiting for rescue.  I am sure that these evil Southerners will think
twice before kidnapping a Lady of Elfsea again.

I have enjoyed my time in Trelac, Your Excellency, but I feel my time
has come to return home.  Earl Aaron has to come to respect my opinion
and often seeks me out to discuss estate business, such as you would
do when I was home.  Lately he has begun to mention the possibility of
the pairing of one of His men and myself. Trelac is a lovely place,
and I am sure all of His Excellency's men would make any Lady a
wonderful husband, but I miss Elfsea and wish to come home.

I am asking that you send a small force of men to retrieve me, Your
Excellency.  The roads between Trelac and Elfsea are safe, so you need
not spare more then two or three to ride out for me.

I have many items of business awaiting my return.  Perhaps the
greatest of all is that I have received word from Their Stellar
Majesties that Elfsea will be the location of the Kingdom's Arts and
Sciences Competition in the new year.  There is much work to be done
and I, with the help of my co-autocrat, Madame Colete, must to get to
work on preparing Elfsea for all the incoming artisans.

Ever in Service,

Lady Sabine le Curter
Elfsea Chronicler and Hospitaler
Autocrat for Kingdom Arts and Sciences Competition
February 12th 2005
Cain Center – Athens, TX