[Elfsea] The Theft of Sabine

Rixende de Rouen rixende at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 12:04:26 PST 2004

Your Excellencies and noble Citizens of the Barony of Elfsea, these
are indeed grave tidings.

As Seneschal, I have stayed quiet on these matters, as Their
Excellencies and Their Baronial Guard are much more suited to the task
of Defending the walls of Elfsea than I. However, I can no longer sit
patiently and allow these Brigands to attack our lands, our harvest,
and finally our people.

I too visited with Lady Sabine this weekend at Bryn Gwlad. It pains my
heart that such awful things could have befallen this dear, sweet
woman in such a peaceful land. However, with so many enjoying the
entertainment in the Curtain theatre, I fear that such a stir would be
easily missed.

Your Excellencies, I have in my employ some of the finest spies across
the Knowne World, I have dispatched my swiftest riders with missives
to them. From Atlantia to Caid, know that my riders will travel
swiftly, and have been ordered to remain in those lands until they can
return with news of the fair Lady Sabine.

My heart aches at the losses our fair Barony has suffered within the
past fortnight. My son pines for his Tante Sabine, and does not
understand why I will not allow him to ride to find her. My good
husband has not slept a night, catching but short naps in between his
patrols of the lands.

These indeed are dark times in the Barony of Elfsea. Baroness Ameline,
I will join you in chapel each day, so that our prayers together may
strength the resolve of our many valiant warriors.

In Service to Ansteorra and Elfsea, with heavy heart,

Rixende

--
Honorable Lady Rixende de Rouen, CIM, CSM
Seneschal, Barony of Elfsea, Ansteorra