[Elfsea] kinda am emergency...

Eithne the Healer eithnethehealer at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 7 05:18:44 PDT 2004

Good Gentles,
I do not recommend the tobacco for one reason only, people who offer it, often moisten it with their spittle and if there is an open wound ( the stinger site ) there could be a transmission of germs. It is one of healthcare's concerns these days.
Your friendly Nieghborhood Chirurgeon & RN,
Lady Eithne

Terri Head <headturner at comcast.net> wrote:

Also, if no antihistamine is available, get unsmoked tobacco (out of the cigarette paper) and dampen it very slightly with water, and place it on the sting. This will work for most any kind of sting or bug bite. Keep the tobacco on the wound, and it will draw out the poison.

Sincerely,

Violet of Glamorganshire