[Elfsea] Grave tidings

Crandall crandall at elfsea.net
Fri Oct 29 15:50:20 PDT 2004

Grave tidings indeed, throughout the lands of Elfsea.
With the recent rains you can imagine what finds have been washed up, and with my Righte of Wreck, I have been diligent in my search for goods to be sold and thus add to the wealth of our faire Barony.
However, I find that those disasters occurring to foreign traders seem to be emptied of value. From the coastlines to the headwaters of the rivers traversing our lands, there seems to be no trading vessel safe from raids and those who will take such goods for their own use.
I have been in touch with my kin of the North. They assure me that they have not been sailing near Elfsea, for they know my wrath at some of their methods of trading. Thus none of their ships have had such problems from raiders. They have offered to help patrol the great waters of the gulf that offer entrance to our lands, and I feel that we should accept their help. I hope that Your Excellencies welcome their assistance as well. Their satisfaction at us knowing that they are not to blame for these acts will be sufficient, as will the possibility of finding a ship of ill gotten goods. They will be happy to negotiate with the true owners of any goods that they obtain through this most useful exchange.
My Elder Cousin, Duck Raimond has stated his wishes for what help as he can give. And Our thoughts are on Our Cousin and Good King of Fooles,  Wormy,  to wish him the best. I am certain that His Queen, Irina, will continue to be concerned with the Mirth of the Barony.

Yours in Service, I Remain,

Crandall, No-Count