[Elfsea] Words of Warning

Sabine le Curter purpleermine at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 12:56:03 PDT 2004

Today is a glorious day indeed!

I write again to send thanks to all that have offered help.  It has
been greatly appreciated over the past days. Progress is indeed slow,
but it is progress and I anticipate a day when my study is back to its
old glory.  While writing this I can llok out and see crafters
repairing the stained glass that was gifted to me by Countess Allyson.
 They tell me that once repaired no one will be able to tell there was
ever damage.  The Master Mosaicist is here with his team to repair the
areas of flooring that were smashed when the shelving was toppled.  I
do have to say that at least something good has come out of this, I
hated those floors and now we are working together on the new design
that will be immensely more pleasing to the eye.

Your Excellency, as always you have come through for your populace.  I
knew that when I sent a call out for help you would be the first to
answer, and so it has been so.  I, too, am sorry that Raimond is so
far from home, but I understand the importance of the mission you sent
him on.  He really was the only man for that job.  Medb and Irena both
have worked diligently and with a willing heart.   If not for them I
feel I would still be sitting in my ruined study mourning the losses.
  I am sending this missive back with them, along with gifts of
gratitude.  I fear the cheese may not reach you, but these Ladies have
earned it so I ask you not to reprimand them for it.  I also must
thank you for the patrols, a few of my men have located a campsite
that they believe was where these men stayed while in Elfsea.  The
area had been recently occupied so pray heed, I fear they are still in
the area.  It is because of this that I have decided that when I make
my progress to Bryn Gwlad it will be with only a guard and a servant.
I can not allow my home to go unguarded, and risk further destruction.

Madame Colete, my dear friend – bless you for the help you have sent.
I sleep better at night knowing your two strong and able guards are on
patrol.  Imagine my great surprise when I discovered those little
"helpers" you sent to me were your own children! I will always be
amazed at the amount they grow between visits.  It seems like only
yesterday they were toddling infants.  Morgan is showing great
interest in the books and manuscripts I have here, and she is getting
to an age were you could foster her.  Perhaps when we met in Bryn
Gwlad, we shall speak more?   You have been such giving friend to me
over the years, I know not how to repay you.  The gifts I send back to
you are just a mere token.  A friend of mine had sent me a variety of
items from China, I pass a few on to you.  The bottles are a decadent
plum wine, with a taste that will amaze you as it did me.  You will
also notice a wooden box packed away at the bottom of the crate.  This
is a special gift I pass on from Lady Sarah when she heard I had goods
going your way she asked that it be included.  I am not quite sure
what it is, but she was very insistent that you would know exactly
what to do with it.

For today and its blessings, I owe the both of you my deepest
gratitude. I hope the day never comes when I have to return these
favors, but if it does please know that I am available to help with
out equivocation.

- Lady Sabine