[Elfsea] My Spices! My Ale! My WINE! THIEVES!

Shari Burnham ladypendarves at elfsea.net
Sat Oct 30 17:16:47 PDT 2004

Good gentles of Elfsea, of this fine Barony, I, Lady Elisabeth of Pendarvis, and my good husband, Lord Caius Britannicus, were so distraught upon our return home from Moot Monday eve that I could not, would not, speak of the tragedy which befell our house. I was so distraught I thought to throw myself from the turrents, but instead, the fires of my house, Shadewes Company, the fire which burns inside the skull, grew instead, and ignited my rage. It was not until the good Lady Aislyn and Lady Medb calmed me this day with strong food and drink that I was able to recant my horror, and thus they said I must speak forth to the populace of Elfsea.
Upon returning home from our moot on Monday eve, in good spirits, I happened upon my estate, only to discover to my horror that vile, degenerate bandits did indeed steal my precious spice box, that which traveled afar from the great War at Pennsic, traveled from lands even further where the exotic kings do thus give their good subjects wonderous spices as gifts. my beautiful hand carved spice box! my nutmeg! my cinnamon! and, quelle horreur! my saunders! my grains of paradise!
And good people of Elfsea, this is far worse, MY ALE AND MY WINE ARE MISSING AS WELL! Those theives! Those Scoundrels!
They will PAY for doing this greivous deed upon our house! My husband has swore revenge! He has threatened to poison all of those evil do-ers in bordermarch until the villan is found!
Nay, good people of Elfsea, help me stay my lord's hand, and help me root out this treacherous person who has invaded our lands! Will the good fighters of this barony band forth and travel to the lands south to retrieve that which was so wrongfully taken from me??
I, Lady Elisabeth of Pendarvis, of Shadewes Company, do thus pledge to take care of all fighters sworn to travel with this barony and right this injustice, and I also SWEAR TO PUNISH THOSE WHO HAVE DONE THE GOOD PEOPLE OF ELFSEA WRONG.
Lady Elisabeth of Pendarvis