[Elfsea] Demos

DonnelShaw at aol.com DonnelShaw at aol.com
Fri Sep 17 16:16:29 PDT 2004

In a message dated 9/17/2004 10:26:05 AM Central Standard Time,
rixende at gmail.com writes:

"When we have been used in the past as part of the Children's  programs,
we tend to become free entertainment for the Library, with  little
return on our investment."

I am sorry. I have to disagree. You get a return on your investment. But
that kind of investment takes years to mature and grow. A smart investor makes
short and long term investments.  I have done children's library demos  before.
(All of Caddo parish libraries in 4 days) To see the children walking  out
with their arms filled with books related to knights and dragons and  such was
wonderful. That is how many of us started out and our interest grew. It  is
worth your while.

In closing I will say again. In remembering our past we must look to  our
future -the children.

In Service to the Children
In remembering our past we must look to our  future.
Lady Maili Donnel MacGregor

In a message dated 9/17/2004 10:26:05 AM Central Standard Time,