[Elfsea] Re: Youth Demos

Rixende de Rouen rixende at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 11:40:04 PDT 2004

Forgive the delay in my reply on this issue, as I have been busy this
weekend with a family wedding.

I sincerely apologize if it came across that I do not support the
education of children in our demo opportunities. This is not the case.

I agree with both Donnel and Maria that fostering and nurturing our
children is important. It is also the reason that I cited the Keller
Library demo as such a great opportunity for us. It targets the entire
family, including the children. These opportunities allow children to
be exposed, and walk away with that same sense of wonder the Donnel
spoke of, but the parents are also there to experience it with their
child, rather than be told about it after the fact.

We all have a finite amount of time and energy to spend with the SCA.
Her Excellency explained nicely the ongoing discussions that are
happening within the Kingdom officers regarding ongoing demos geared
directly towards children. This ongoing discussion has also helped to
shape my views on the subject.

I will be glad to discuss my point of view further on this subject
either over the phone or in person.

In Service,

Rixende

--