[Elfsea] Award Recommendations for Defender

Rixende de Rouen rixende at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 10:09:23 PDT 2004

Greetings to the Barony from your new Seneschal.

Their Royal Majesties have requested all award recommendations for a
specific event be submitted to them by 2 weeks before the event. This
gives them time to make decisions and send the information to Their
scribe to prepare the scrolls for the event. [Who happens to be
Mistress Stella, and we all want her to be happy :-) ]

This FRIDAY is 2 weeks before Elfsea Defender. If you have anyone that
you would like to recommend for an award, please send these letters to
Their Royal Majesties and carbon copy Their Excellencies by Friday.

Think hard about the people you see at every event, working hard,
advancing their knowledge and skill, fighting beyond a level that you
thought they every would. Think about those sitting at home taking
care of business so that you can play on the weekends. Look in the
shadows for the person who is always there working but is rarely seen.

Review the Order of Precedence. Last year's Domesday includes the
Baronial Order of Precedence, look it over closely. Can you look
through it and not say "I can't believe *insert a citizen's name* does
not have a *insert award here* ? If you do say it, then write a letter
to the Crown expressing your surprise and why you were surprised.

If you are uncertain of how to write a letter, ask someone near you.
There is an online submission form for award recommendations on the
Kingdom website. It is easy and will walk you through the process.

http://www.ansteorra.org/forms/award.php

I am available to assist anyone in this endeavor if you need help.
Their Excellencies are also a great source of information on this
topic.

In Service,

Rixende

--