[Elfsea] FW: LOTR Coming to Houston

Michelle Dodd lygabrielerdb at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 5 20:38:50 PDT 2004

>From: "Susan Hill" <sueorintx at hotmail.com>
>To: steppes at ansteorra.org
>Subject: [Steppes] Coming to Houston Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 21:35:59 -0500
>
>I thought that I would share some information that I received this week,
>knowing that most SCA-dians enjoy Tolkien and the Peter Jackson version of
>the tales that have been put on film the last three years.
>
>It has been announced that the travelling exhibit of The Lord of the Rings,
>the Motion PictureTriology will be coming to the Houston Museum of Natural
>Science in June, 2005 and should be there through the month of August. Now
>I know that some of you know about my fondness for the films and books, and
>may get the idea that I am a bit biased, but from everything I have heard,
>this is a must see opportunity. Among the items that will be on display
>are: Theoden's Armor, Boromir in the boat, Sting and I believe Anduril, a
>full sized Treebeard and cave troll. There are literally thousands of
>things to check out and the influence of medieval crafts will be shown and
>discussed. I have several friends that have seen the exhibit in London and
>Boston since it left Te Papa, New Zealand and they all recommend it very,
>very highly. I don't know about you, but I would love to get a look at some
>of the armor and costumes very close up and personal. Here's a link to what
>the Boston Museum of Science has had with it.
>
>http://ww11.e-tractions.com/mos/run/lotr?rd=502
>
>Linet

Celebrate who you are. After all, you can't be anyone else.
A friend comes and bails you out of jail - a True Friend is sitting next to
you in the cell going, "Wow, that was fun!"
Speak softly and own a big, mean Doberman. -Dave Miliman
The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are
allowed to remain children all our lives.  -- Albert Einstein