[Elfsea] Newcomer introduction

pcrandal at sbcglobal.net pcrandal at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 8 08:32:50 PDT 2005

Then welcome and greetings are in order.
What part of Elfsea have you chosen for your residence?
After living in Caid you will find this Kingdom a bit different.
Much of what you have heard about Ansteorra is correct, though the naughty bits probably are misrepresented as to their origin. Remember that we were once part of Antenvelt.
The travel times throughout our Kingdom tend to be measured in hours and in many cases a day trip is impractical.
You just missed a wonderful event, but there are many to come.

Texas has a few more seasons than the area that you are from, so you must be aware.
The usual three: Hurricane, Tornado and Hot
And the traditional: Hunting, Football and Spring Break
Fortunately Spring Break is also the time of the Gulf War, so we can avoid that insanity and make our own.

Crandall, No-Count, Gosling, Old Foole

Katherine of Scarborough <katofscarborough at yahoo.com> wrote:
Greetings!

My name is Katherine, and I am a stranger in this
land. Though I'm not new to the Society, I am very
new to the area. I recently settled in Elfsea after
moving here from the Kingdom of Caid, and have not had
a chance to attend any events, nor yet to meet any of
the gentle folk who dwell here. I thought I might
introduce myself, in the meantime.

I have heard a great deal of good things about your
fair kingdom, and look forward to discovering its
wonders for myself. The bardic arts are my greatest
love, and they seem to have a strong presence here.
Could anyone tell me where I might find out more about
bardic circles and other such happenings in the area?

In any case, thank you for your time. I look forward
to attending my first event here, and hopefully
getting to know a few of you better!

Cordially, in service and friendship,
Katherine ferch Madog/elfsea

"In all life one should comfort the afflicted, but verily, also, one should
afflict the comfortable, and especially when they are comfortably,
contentedly, even happily wrong."
-John Kenneth Galbraith