[Elfsea] Clear up confusion

LadyPendarvis ladypendarvis at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 10 17:50:30 PDT 2005

Hello to the Barony of Elfsea:
Apparantly there has been confusion with the Caravan of Cuisine, so I wanted
(in my five minutes before running out the door) to clarify.

1.) It is a Pot Luck, but instead of EVERYONE bringing something, several
groups feed between 25-50 people.
2.) you (as the eater) don't travel to ALL the camps offering food, you pick
one. Go get dinner at ONE.
3.)The groups offering food offer something quick and simple, like stew, or
pasta, or stir fry, or something simple that feeds people but isnt fancy or
time consuming.
4.) It encourages people to visit camps and meet new people
5.) it encourages people to decorate their camps and encourage new people to
visit them and show off
6.) it is a way for groups of people to show hospitality. Not that we dont
have alot of groups that already show this, its a way of opening doors
7.) Serve dinner after fighting but before court. offering dinner between
4-6pm.

Once upon a time, I was told the tradition at Elfsea Defender was no feast,
but a pot luck encouraging everyone to be a community.
Instead of having a feast this year, to bring Elfsea back to the simple ways
of Defender, it was a way to bring this back to the table. (pardon the pun).
I have one group who was going to be doing food regardless. This works best
with about 4-5 groups feeding about 25 people each. I've done this type of
"pot luck" in two kingdoms, and I was hoping to encourage it in a third.
Attendance at events is down, and people are not staying overnight or later
at events. Elfsea should change this thinking by encouraging people to stay,
even if its later than just the fighting being done. I'm not saying that
this will definately happen. If we don't get at least 3 groups interested
and confirming with me by 1 sept, then it's off. Thunder will still be doing
their stir fry no matter what. Me, I'm cooking in Thunder camp. I'm going to
sit in court and eat and enjoy the court while eating good food, and if my
neighbor is doing the same, I'll be bugging them asking them what they're
eating. (Not during YOUR Court, Your Excellencies)

Now for the "IT REALLY BUGS ME PART":
I asked for anyone to send me questions. I got two questions: "How much is
gate?" and "Are we doing culture camps?" All other questions I got through
third parties. Am I that scary that you can't ask me a question?  Wow. I
must be doing my job as an 11 yr member of Shadewes Company. Maybe I should
do this more often.
(I know I have a new job, and I'm working alot, and I am really busy, but
that doesn't mean that I won't respond, it might take me a day or two. I
welcome the chance to have more questions, I am sure it will open up more
discussion and YOU might have ideas I hadn't thought of.)
(getting down off the soapbox)

Lady Elisabeth of Pendarvis
Skull Chick
Duck Stealer