[Elfsea] Glaslyn Artisan is tomorrow!!

Barbara Lee barb at barbsgarb.com
Fri Aug 26 07:16:11 PDT 2005

Glaslyn Artisan is TOMORROW!!  Please come out and enjoy this great event with us!

Tomorrow, Saturday, August 27th in Denton, TX.  You can find us at at St. Andrew Presbyterian Church at 300 W. Oak Street, Denton, TX  76201.

There will be plenty for all to enjoy!!  A&S Competition, a Bardic Competition, Youth Tournament, CLASSES for  A&S as well as the Chivalric Arts!  There will be a simple sideboard luncheon provided by the ladies of the Canton included in the gate fee.  See it all at www.barbsgarb.com/glaslyn-artisan!!

Site Fee
Adults: $8.00
Child (6-12): $4.00
Child (0-5): Free
Family Max: $30
(The $3 surcharge for all adult nonmembers is not included in Family Max and will be charged seperately)

Also come enjoy a wonderful Spanish Feast created by our very own Lord Sebastian Mugerza!!  It sounds mouth-watering!
www.barbsgarb.com/glaslyn-artisan/feast.htm

Feast Fee
Adults: $6.00
Child (6-12): $3.00
Child (0-5): Free
(An ingredient list will be posted at gate for those who have allergies)

If your youth are itching for a chance to fight, this would be the place to bring them (authorizations required - and no, they don't need new ones unless they've changed age groups).  www.barbsgarb.com/glaslyn-artisan/youthtourney.htm

The A&S Competition will be a body of work (limit 3 items) competition, with awards for top judged, popular favorite, and novice.
 www.barbsgarb.com/glaslyn-artisan/arts.htm

Please note... site is DRY!!!  No alchohol or brewing entries, please!

There will be classes for all!  Both in the Arts & Sciences, and in the Chivalric Arts....  www.barbsgarb.com/glaslyn-artisan/classes.htm

A small sampling of the A&S classes offered include: Embroidery, taught by HL Ciard, Textile Dyeing (hands-on) taught by Mistress Stella, and Making a Leather Scabbard (hands-on) taught by HL Vincenzo Cellini.

A sampling of the Chivalric classes offered include: Florentine Tactics taught by Baron Airaklee Wolf, Rapier Tactics taught by Lord Balatair, Youth Fighting intro by Lady Micola, and more!

Please see our website for more information!
www.barbsgarb.com/glaslyn-artisan

Or contact either of our co-autocrats:
Barbara Santangelo di Pignola
barb at barbsgarb.com
(940) 648-3096
OR
Baroness Ceinwen ferch Rhuel
ceinwen7777777 at hotmail.com
(940) 482-8136
Directions to Site:

St. Andrew Presbyterian Church at 300 W. Oak Street, Denton, TX  76201
(address is easily mappable on mapquest)

>From the South - Fort Worth area
Take I-35W northbound.  As you are arriving into Denton, take exit 85A to I-35E southbound.  Take exit 455B for Fort Worth Drive.  Turn left to head north on Fort Worth Drive (Hwy 377).  Forth Worth Drive becomes Carroll Blvd as it heads into town (continue straight at all lights).  Watch for Pearl Avenue, and turn right.  (There is no light.  It will be the first right after Oak.)  Parking lot will be on the right within a block (this is the rear of the building).

>From the South - Dallas area
Take - I-35E northbound.  Take exit 455B for Fort Worth Drive.  Turn right to head north on Fort Worth Drive (US377).  Fort Worth Drive becomes Carroll Blvd as it heads into town (continue straight at all lights).  Watch for Pearl Avenue, and turn right. (There is no light.  It will be the first right after Oak.)  Parking lot will be on the right within a block (this is the rear of the building).

>From the North
Take I-35 southbound.  Stay to the left to take I-35E southbound at the split.  Take exit 455B for Fort Worth Drive.  Turn left to head north on Fort Worth Drive (Hwy 377).  Forth Worth Drive becomes Carroll Blvd as it heads into town (continue straight at all lights).  Watch for Pearl Avenue, and turn right.  (There is no light.  It will be the first right after Oak.)  Parking lot will be on the right within a block (this is the rear of the building).