[Elfsea] Re: Katrina Relief (How to help)

Stacy E. Dickey stacy.dickey at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 31 11:09:36 PDT 2005

Yes, Rixend and I will be making the delivery to Sarah... possibly traveling into Louisiana ourselves as well. We plan to leave the afternoon of September 8th to meet in Tyler, TX and the goods are in-turn scheduled to be delivered to those in need on the 9th. So please, if you have any donations, get them to Katheryn, Rixend, or myself before Sept. 8th.

Money is always the best donation, when sent to reputable emergency services such as the American Red Cross. (Link to multiple charity organizations taking donations: http://tinyurl.com/82cjh ). Alas, like myself not everyone can afford to assist monitarily, but do have supplies on-hand. We'll take what you can spare, as long as it's usable and needed.

Items of interest:

warm weather clothes of all sizes
shoes
diapers & wipes
small plush toys to comfort the children
baby formula & bottles
duffle bags / backpacks
bottled water
MRE's or easy open non-perishable foods (P-38's help with cans)
mosquito repellants
towels
toiletries (soaps, shampoos, deodorant, dental care, feminine products)
cots / air beds
sheets, light-weight blankets, and pillows
first aid kits
bandanas (good for first aid, cooling down, or covering hair)
socks
foot sprays / powders

I've been in touch with Cheaper than Dirt sports stores, trying to see if we can purchase some of these items from them at a discounted rate. I don't have confirmation from them yet, but meanwhile they do have only $5.99 shipping on all items. Link:  http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/default.asp?mscssid=EVMDBR00MBG09K70WR15GSM4DF388W8E

Our contact information:

Katheryn (Steppes)-  juliecunningham65 at yahoo.com

Rixend (Elfsea / Bedford, TX)- rixende at gmail.com / 817-797-1988

Tomans (Rix's husband)- 817-683-3543

Colete (Elfsea, Ft Worth, TX)-   stacy.dickey at sbcglobal.net / 817-306-5838

I know Rixend, Tomas, and Sarah plan on attending Gothic Wars. So there will be someone there to accept any supplies you wish to donate. (I'm a *maybe* at this moment). Otherwise, please contact one of us to make arrangements for delivery.

Thanks,
Madame Colete