[Elfsea] Re: Hurricane Relief

Stacy E. Dickey stacy.dickey at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 31 18:06:19 PDT 2005

Update... I'm heading to Louisiana and Mississippi on Sept 8th and won't be back for a week. Here's a brainstorm list of materials Sarah, Rix, and I are requesting. Let me know when you have anything to donate, and then we can make arrangements for us to pick it up.............

*BOTTLED WATER*
empty gas cans
prepaid gas cards
Walmart/Home Depot gift cards.
Tarps/rope/duct tape
Clorox
buckets
batteries/flashlights
sleeping bags/air mattresses/foam pads
sheets, light-weight blankets, and pillows
elastic waist shorts and sweats (for more give in size range)
canned goods  (boxed goods don't handle water well)
garbage bags
rucksacks / laundry bags / duffle bags / backpacks
warm weather clothes of all sizes
shoes
diapers & wipes
small plush toys to comfort the children
baby formula & bottles
MRE's or easy open non-perishable foods (P-38's help to open cans)
mosquito repellants
towels
toiletries (soaps, shampoos, deodorant, dental care, feminine products)
cots / air beds
first aid kits
bandanas (good for first aid, cooling down, or covering hair)
socks
foot sprays / powders
sunblock
hats