[Elfsea] FW: [WSA] From the rapier marshal

Valentyn Drake DonValentyn at JeffTurnerFiction.com
Sat Dec 24 06:32:40 PST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: ansteorra-dons-bounces at lists.swordworks.org
[mailto:ansteorra-dons-bounces at lists.swordworks.org] On Behalf Of
j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 4:34 PM
To: ansteorra-dons at lists.swordworks.org
Subject: [WSA] From the rapier marshal

Feel free to pass this along.  Thanks.  Ansgar

Unto the Seneschals, Officers, Rapier Marshals and Landed Barons and
Baronesses
of Fair Ansteorra, Does Master Ansgar von Aachen, Kingdom Rapier Marshal bid
Greetings!

Over the past few years, there has been a rapid growth of Heavy Rapier in
Ansteorra and the SCA in general.  This upcoming Gulf War will pit Ansteorra
against Heavy Rapier only kingdoms, so our valorous fighters will be taking
period rapiers in hand against our foes.  As Ansteorra has always strove to
be
a leader in rapier with foil and epee, we also want to show that Ansteorra
can
continue this leadership with Heavy Rapier.

In pursuance of this goal, I am asking all local rapier marshals to train
those
fighters who are not yet Heavy Rapier authorized so they are safe and ready
for
authorization.  The regional marshals will be instructed to make sure that
any
who need to be authorized will have access to a qualified authorizing
marshal.

Additionally, I am requesting that groups with active rapier fighters add
one or
more heavy rapiers to their loaner gear.  If your barony or shire can afford
it, please consider adding it to your budget.  For those who cannot afford
one,
members of the White Scarves are working on raising funds to help cover this
expense.

We have also worked out a deal that will allow Ansteorran branches to
purchase
one or more Heavy Rapiers, ready to go, at a special discount.  This deal is
for branch loaner gear only, though, and not for personal purchase.  Please
contact me for more information at bsmall at cox-internet.com.
My friends, I thank you for your time and consideration.

In Service to Ansteorra,

Master Ansgar von Aachen
Kingdom Rapier Marshal bsmall at cox-internet.com