[Elfsea] (no subject)

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Sat Dec 17 22:27:36 PST 2005

> This was also covered at the chronicler's meeting at the Roundtable
> last January. I think I sat next to you, as a matter of fact.
That is true.

> What are Valentine's thoughts on this? He is the current officer, right?
He has not ventured an opinion yet. I talked with him last year and he thought
it was too late to change and also wanted to think about it a while.

> Caelin, isn't there a way to do a .pdf file that is accessed through a
> password? I get those with my student loan and they are pass-word protected.
> I get a monthly e-mail with a hyperlink to the webpage or to the .pdf file
> and get a pop-up screen that's password protected. That way, the newsletter
> could still have the private contact information and not be available for
> the web nasties out there.
That would defeat part of why I want to go online, but we could make the
detailed contact information available in another part of the web that was
password protected and only put the same contact information that is shown
currently in the public areas of the web site.

> Just a suggestion,
And a good one.

> Xene
Caelin