[Elfsea] Rapier Authorizations

Valentyn Drake DonValentyn at JeffTurnerFiction.com
Thu Feb 10 09:47:53 PST 2005

Attention rapier fighters!

The rapier authorization process has been re-vamped.  As a result, ALL
rapier fighters must be re-authorized by the end of March, regardless of the
expiration date on your current card.

The authorizing marshals for this area are myself and Don Ingve.  I will be
authorizing people at the Elfsea practices and will make at least one trip
soon to our surrounding areas, if there are fighters there who wish to be
authorized.

This is the new process:

1)       Come to practice and demonstrate your knowledge of the rules, your
knowledge of the safety requirements, and your ability to fight in a safe
manner.

2)       Fill out a one-page authorization form, which I will return to the
Marshallate Secretary.

3)       Receive from me immediately a temporary card, good for 30 days.

4)       Receive within a few weeks a permanent card from the Secretary.

If you're going to Gulf War and your card expires before then, I suggest you
get with me Real Soon.  I will be out of town on February 27th and unable to
attend practice.  I'm unlikely to be at practice the day after Queen's.  So,
if you need to be reauthorized before Gulf War, please contact me and we'll
arrange a day/time.  My contact information is below.

Thanks,

Valentyn

DonValentyn at JeffTurnerFiction.com

817-996-7929