[Elfsea] Kingdom A&S setup/registration

Brian & Pam Martin twinoak at cox-internet.com
Tue Feb 1 20:28:42 PST 2005

Hi Sabine and Elfsea,
Thanks for the info.  Since you'll be there doing setup before us, we
typically arrange the hall into various regions so that similar art forms
are near each other. It makes it easier for the judges to locate items,
since we usually have so many.

If you are going to allow entrants to set up Friday night, you'll probably
need to divide the hall into regions prior to our arrival.  Those regions
are:
1) fiber arts,  2) foods,  3) C&I and paper items,  4)  metal, wood and
leather,   5)  misc.
We also have large signs for the areas that we are bringing with us.

When deciding placement, there are some things to consider in arranging the
hall.
Foods need to be on a wall with electrical outlets.
Fiber arts includes costumes that are typical on body forms.
C&I needs to be far away from food & drafts.

So, that leaves us with the question of training the Artisan registration
folks (Lady Genna,Don Valentyn, Deana, Lady Ker Megan (Pyro),Lady Maria, and
Lady Genevieve). It takes about an hour to get you up to speed on initial
artisan registration and, more immortally, what happens when the completed
judging forms start to roll in - especially when static, research, and
performance all start coming back at the same time.

We didn't know that the site was over an hour away.  Help!?  Any
suggestions?!
>From out here,  my first thoughts are...
7:30 pm Friday night at the site
7:30 pm Friday night somewhere halfway in between our hotel room (Best
Western on the Hills) and your houses
7:00 am bright and early Saturday morning at the site

You guys know the area, we don't.  Please, any suggestions that you can make
would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jehanne