[Elfsea] demo / info request

Shshonee (Alley) shshonee at comcast.net
Thu Feb 17 09:07:10 PST 2005

Hi folks,

I'm the President of the DFW Writers' Workshop and co-founder of the North Texas Speculative Fiction Writers (NTSFW), which doesn't mean a hill of beans to  yall, but just so ya know where I'm coming from :)  (I'm also a member of the SCA.) I'm not sure how exactly to go about making this request, so I'll just put it out there.

We are having a "Fantasy / History Day" at a member's ranch in Cleburne on May 21 (Sat).  I would like to ask anyone willing and knowledgeable (willing is the operative word I think :) to conduct demos or classes on various historical topics.  We will have classes/demos during the day with bar b que lunch/dinner there and a campout that evening around a bonfire with storytelling.

Topics that have been discussed are flint making, dance, equestrian, and others I can't remember off the top of my head.

We would love to have some demos on fighting techniques, rapier and/or heavier, armor, archery, dress, quisine, etc.

If you would be interested in conducting a class or demo, please contact me for more info.

Thank you for letting me post this.

Alley Hauldren
DFW Writers' Workshop
www.dfwrite.org