[Elfsea] Linedwood Yule Thanks

Craig Shupee' philipwhite at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 1 11:23:01 PST 2005

Greeting All from Honorable Lord Philip White, Steward for Lindenwood’s Yule
Revel!

Now that the Yule time has passed and before we begin our celebrations for
Twelfth Night, I would like to thank a few people who helped make possible
the Yule revel we had for the Canton of Lindenwood.

It is important to remember how much work people do for a group, especially
when an event steward asks them for help, so I want to make sure these
people get both recognition and thanks. The event steward is often more
visible when running an event, but we are not throwing a party for
ourselves. Instead, it is our job as event stewards to welcome all that
attend and make sure they have a good time.

Lady Aimiliona of Hare's Keep arranged for our site at the Jaycee Park
Recreation Center. She made sure the building was opened on time as well as
making sure everything was put away and the building secured. She also sent
out a mailer advertising the Yule revel so we could have a little more
advertisement and brought food for the potluck.

Both our parent Barony’s newsletter, the Steppesletter, and our neighboring
Barony’s newsletter, the Elfsea Scroll, accepted submissions for advertising
the Yule Revel.  I would like to thank both Baronies and their Chroniclers
for helping the Canton’s event.

Honorable Lady Suzanna the Herbalist and Lord Agilwulf the Loud, along with
their daughter, donated food to the potluck and helped with set-up and
tear-down.

Lady Sunnifa Eiriksdottir donated the main dish, a beautiful ham, and made
our Yule cake.  As well, she organized the paperwork for gate and for the
event.  Sunnifa also met me at the storage locker to get decorations and
made sure all the Canton's belongings were returned. It has been very easy
to work with her as the Seneschal for the Canton.

Your Servant to Command,
~P.W.