[Youth-combat] RE: [Elfsea] RE: [Steppes]Fwd:[Ansteorra]YouthfulCombatants

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Thu Jan 13 06:26:25 PST 2005

Our biggest problem is not SCA people suing, but their insurance companies
suing. When you get treated and allow them to pay, you pass on your rights
to be reimbursed by others who may have contributed to your damages. The
insurance companies don't care about the SCA, they just want their money
back.

That said, they have not won yet against our waivers, training, and
paperwork. Most other kingdoms are allowing youth at these ages to fight
adults and they have not seen an increase in suits. Perhaps we differ in the
strength of our child protection laws, but our results should not be much
different from theirs.

Caelin on Andrede