[Elfsea] Something NEW at Elfsea's Defender

Her Ladyship Arabella de Montacute hlarabella at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 31 10:17:41 PDT 2005

Is this new and exciting thing listed on the web site for this event?  Is
there a web site for this event?  It is not linked on the kingdom calendar
website.

I also heard that we are not using the civic center for this event.  This
should be listed to the kingdom as well.

Subject: [Elfsea] Something NEW at Elfsea's Defender

There is something NEW but OLD at Elfsea's Defender. This year instead of
having a feast, a Caravan of Cuisine is being presented.
What is a Caravan of Cuisine?
It is an opportunity for individuals, households, friends, groups, guilds,
to get together and cook for about 30-50 people. The group who is cooking
then opens up the camp for others to come and share food. Think of it as a
large scale Pot luck and an opportunity for you to meet new people, show off
your camp, travel between camps, and go all out! The idea is to take the
populace back to the old days of Defender, when there was a great community
spirit of traveling from camp to camp, and sharing food and good times.
There is also rumors of great largess being given by Her Excellency Elfsea
for participating and decorating.
Two houses have already offered services. If your group, house, guild, etc
is interested, please contact me off list for more details at
ladypendarvis at sbcglobal.net <mailto:ladypendarvis at sbcglobal.net>   I would
like to get all information for those interested no later than the Monday of
Labor Day.
Note: we would like to have at least 4-5 groups feeding between 30-50 people
each. It does not have to be a full meal, we encourage large group feeding
such as pasta and sauce. (Stir fry with meat and vegetables and Barbarian
stew have already been taken.)
Thank you!
Lady Elisabeth of Pendarvis Barony of Elfsea Cooks Guild