[Elfsea] Elizabeth I - request for other demos

Julie Cunningham juliecunningham65 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 11:14:45 PDT 2005

The demo for the Elizabeth I exhibit at the Grand Prairie Library went over very well this past Saturday.  There were quite a few people there, eagar to see our group dance.

Thanks to  HL Guillame de Troyes and  HL Isabeau Lallement for leading and speaking on the Elizabethian era dances. Happy to have them both teaching here in the Steppes.  Thanks also to Chris & Leah (sorry that I cannot remember your persona names!), Lady Siobhan nic Ghiolla Mhin, and Don Llewelyn whom also attended. Thank you - you all did a fine job!

I spoke to a few people whom might even attend the newcomers class this weekend.

Also, if any of you have time, Elisabeth McMahon with the Grand Prairie Library has requested a need for teachers or individual demonstrations at the exhibit.  She said it could be a simple class or you could even set up and do your craft as an individual.

Here are the dates and times she has available.... forwarding her email..
****************
Tuesday, July 12, morning up to about 4 pm
Wednesday, July 13, morning up to about 1 pm
Thursday, July 14, morning up to about 3 pm
Thursday, July 21, between 7 and 9 pm
Monday, August 1, 7 to 9 pm
Wednesday, August 3, anytime (library closes at 6 pm)

In addition, most Saturdays are available. If a person has a date/time i mind that not listed here, they can certainly call me and I'll check the master calendar. We can do programs for adults and teens.

If someone crafty didn't want to do a formal program, they could also arrange a time to just come and sit out in the library in costume and work. There's room near the display for a chair, and I think someone making lace, doing embroidery would catch a lot of interest.

If someone wanted to do an interactive program, we have some money available for supplies, as well. Feel free to give my name, email and number out to whomever you'd like.
Elisabeth McMahon, PR/Outreach Librarian, Grand Prairie Public Library System
(972) 237-5740.  Her email is  Emcmahon at GPTX.org

Again thank you to everyone who helped with the Saturday demo.  You did a great job!

Yours in Service
Lady Katheryn Cunningghame
Steppes Hospitaler