[Elfsea] Silk Painting Evening

Rixende de Rouen rixende at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 10:24:57 PDT 2005

Greetings to all!

On Saturday, July 23rd, Tomas and I will be opening up our home for
anyone who wishes to learn the art of Silk Painting using a resist.

So after we all finish working in the heat at the Baronial Pavillion /
Inventory Day (starts at 10 am at Caelin and Pyro's home), please
come join us!

Starting at 4 pm (I believe we should have completed the work at the
shed by this time)

Please read the next section carefully, as there are some important
specifics if you wish to participate:

I will have the following items available to dye:

Silk Fans: cost: $5.00
http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/1669-AA.shtml

Silk Bags (7"x5"): cost: $2.00
http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/394267-AA.shtml

The cost covers the item to dye, shipping and the dyes you will use
during the workshop.

However, if you wish to make a fan or bag that can then be donated the
Their Excellencies or Their Majesties for their use as largesse, there
will not be a charge! (Design choices will be limited, as I want to
make sure that these are universally gift-able)

If you would like to work on something else, please order it from:
http://www.dharmatrading.com

While you can use silk dyes on many different fabrics, the fabrics
from Dharma are designed for accepting pigments, and for the most part
come to you without additional oils and sizing on them. This makes a
BIG difference when dyeing. Please, resist the urge to touch the silk
before bringing it to the work day, oils from your hand will interfere
with the dyes taking as well.

You can see a fan that I have done at the following link:
http://tinyurl.com/7qvmm
This fan took approximately an hour to do, start to finish. It was a lot of fun!

In Service,
Rixende

--
Honorable Lady Rixende de Rouen, CIM, CSM
Seneschal, Barony of Elfsea, Ansteorra