[Elfsea] Fwd: Steppes Elizabeth I Demo this Saturday

Julie Cunningham juliecunningham65 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 12:56:36 PDT 2005

Julie Cunningham <juliecunningham65 at yahoo.com> wrote:Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:52:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: Julie Cunningham <juliecunningham65 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Steppes Elizabeth I Demo this Saturday
To: "Barony of Steppes - SCA Inc." <steppes at ansteorra.org>,
dallasrendancers at yahoogroups.com

Greetings everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are still on for an SCA demo for the opening of the Elizabeth I Exhibit this Saturday June 25th at the Grand Prairie Library.  This will be a very low profile demo as requested by Elisabeth McMahon, the PR Librarian.  She specifically asked for dancers, therefore our baronial dance instructors Isabeau, Guillaume, and Helene will be running the dance portion at the demo.  Quite a few dancers have replied that they will be able to attend- fantastic!  We should have a fine dance performance.

 It will also be a very short dance demo, since th director has asked us to perform 3 dances only. The dance performance should begin around 2:45 and probably end around 3:15. I will show up at the library around 2pm.

Elisabeth also said people may walk around in garb.  I will have some handouts for those who show up and want to distribute them.  There is not really much space for a big display at this time, so please do not bring any demo displays.

The street address for the Grand Prairie Library is 901 Conover Dr, Grand Prairie, Texas 75051. The phone number there is 972-237-5700.

Driving directions:

>From  Interstate 30:

Take the Beltline exit south. Go through the light at Main street, pass over the railroad tracks.  Right after the tracks, take a right on Jefferson.  At Carrier Parkway, turn left. Turn right on Conover Drive.  The library will be on the left.

>From Interstate 20

Take the Carrier Parkway exit North.  Go north on Carrier for about 4 miles.  Look for a post office on the left, then a police station, then turn left at the next light which is Conover.  The library will be on the left.

Please email me or call me if you have any questions.

Thanks again for your support!

Lady Katheryn Cunningghame

Steppes Hospitaler

 214-284-8855