[Elfsea] Elizabeth I Exhibit info and request for other demos

Julie Cunningham juliecunningham65 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 28 21:15:07 PDT 2005

The Elizabeth I:Ruler and Legend Exhibit is June 25th - August 5th.  Here is the link to the Grand Prairie Library site that shows the schedule of classes already set up
http://www.gptx.org/Library/ElizabethI.aspx

If any of you have time, Elisabeth McMahon with the Grand Prairie Library has requested a need for teachers or individual demonstrations of Elizabethan era crafts at the exhibit.  She said it could be a simple class or you could even set up and do your craft as an individual.

Here are the dates and times she has available.... forwarding from Elisabeth's email....
****************
Tuesday, July 12, morning up to about 4 pm
Wednesday, July 13, morning up to about 1 pm
Thursday, July 14, morning up to about 3 pm
Thursday, July 21, between 7 and 9 pm
Monday, August 1, 7 to 9 pm
Wednesday, August 3, anytime (library closes at 6 pm)

In addition, most Saturdays are available. If a person has a date/time in mind that is not listed here, they can certainly call me and I'll check the master calendar. We can do programs for adults and teens.

If someone crafty didn't want to do a formal program, they could also arrange a time to just come and sit out in the library in costume and work. There's room near the display for a chair, and I think someone making lace, doing embroidery would catch a lot of interest.

If someone wanted to do an interactive program, we have some money available for supplies, as well. Feel free to give my name, email and number out to whomever you'd like.
Elisabeth McMahon, PR/Outreach Librarian, Grand Prairie Public Library System
(972) 237-5740.  Her email is  Emcmahon at GPTX.org

I can help with flyers if needed, along with sign up sheets.   Just give me a call at 214-284-8855.

Yours in Service
Lady Katheryn Cunningghame
Steppes Hospitaler

http://mail.yahoo.com