[Elfsea] FW: [Steppes] Joint War Practice - 3-06-2005

Spence Mabry smabry at flash.net
Tue Mar 8 14:35:12 PST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: steppes-bounces+smabry=flash.net at ansteorra.org
[mailto:steppes-bounces+smabry=flash.net at ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of Mike
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 10:28 AM
To: Condottieri_Reports at yahoogroups.com; michael.bausch at aa.com; Steppes;
SteppesFP at yahoogroups.com; Missile combat in Ansteorra
Subject: [Steppes] Joint War Practice - 3-06-2005

Heilsa,

First - would someone forward this to the Elfsea list - Thank You in
advance.

The Joint War practice held this past Sunday was outstanding in
attendance, the fighting and the training.

Wishing all those going to Gulf Wars a safe journey - a good War!

For those of us are NOT going, we will be gathering at the park same
time and location - we will carrying on as best as we can with what
personal armor that we have at our finger tips.

I must apologized in that the list of both fighters and attendees is
incomplete - I do know that I missed approximately 10 to 12 people. And
I hope that I correctly ID everyone with their proper SCA names.

In Attendance this day:

Sir Duke Miguel Sebastian de Oporto and his lady, Duchess Conal
Alexandria O'Riordain
Sir Baron Qadi 'Abd al-Mahdi Jamal ibn Hakim - Baron of Steppes Baron Armand
Dragonetti - Baron of Elfsea Sir Earl Duncan Arthur Ross the Black Sir Earl
Daffydd Whitarc and his lady, Countess  Octavia de Verdon Sir Count Gunthar

Centurion Stella Silvana
Centurion Tomas Niallagain and I do not recall see his lady, HL Rixende
de Rouen (Seneschal of Elfsea) being present this day. Centurion Morgan
Buchanan  and his lady, Lady Ciannait Chaimbuel

Lord Hrafn Olafsson - Steppes Knight Marshal

Lady Chiara Francecsa Arianna d'Onofrio and children - Alexandria,
Ioseph,  and William.
Lady Chiara whose is captain of the Steppes Baronial Guard.

Lord CinaedOHosey and his children - Tori, Jon, and Nikko
Lady Honour du Bois
Lord Roc the Bold and his lady  - Lady Icia
Lady Maili Donnel MacGregor - the Deputy Earl Marshal for Youth Combat,
and children - Emily and Richard Nine Fingers
Lord Elias Korstansoen with his lady, Iliana.
Lord Karlous and his lady
Lord Damon Xanthns
Lord Richard
Lord Arya

Till
Louie
Dallas - 1st time in armor this day.
Wes
Kaneki no Ryuto Akimitsu and his lady Hilary

Lincoln and his lady, Sandy.
Lincoln is just coming back after a hiatus of 3 years.

Doc
Eric and his lady, Stephanie and children
Jeremy
TIm

and myself - Lord Michael Fray

Number in armor:  29
Combat archers: 2
Youth (13 through 17): 2
1 whose parents were present father in armor - both father and son were
on the field and fighting.

Number of children: 10
Total attendance:  60

Marshals: Sir Gunthar and  Lord CinaedOHosey - a hearty Vivat to them both!

The fighters present were divided up into 3 different forces for
majority of the scenarios.

The scenarios were arrived at jointly between Sir Duncan and Lord
CinaedOHosey for this afternoon of War!

The division of the various fighters are what I recall - going by memory
alone here:

Force One (F1):
Sir Mahdi - kite shield and sword,
Sir Duncan - shield and sword,
Sir Miguel - spear,
Sir Daffydd - heater and sword,
Lord Roc - heater and sword,
Lord Hrafn - spear,
Lord Karlous - shield and sword,
Lord Elias - spear,
Wes - shield and sword,
Doc - shield and sword,
 - commanding Sir Duncan.

Force Two(F2):
Baron Armand - shield and sword,
Centurion Stella - 30 lb., recurve and ~24 arrows,
Centurion Tomas - shield and sword,
Lady Honour - shield and sword
Louie - shield and sword,
Lord Damon - shield and sword,
Lord RIchard - shield and sword,
- commanding Centurion Tomas

Force Three(3):
Centurion Morgan - shield and sword,
Lady Chiara - spear,
Lord Michael Fray - 30 lb., recurve and 50 arrows,
Kaneki - shield and sword,
Lincoln - shield and sword,
Eric - shield and sword,
Till - great sword
Dallas - shield and sword
- commanding Centurion Morgan.

First part of the gathering was devoted to warming up - meaning
one-on-one bouts occurred. Then the above sides were chosen.

The scenarios that were run started off with F1 taking on both F2 and
F3. With F3 being held in reserved for a short time before being allowed
on assist F2. This scenario was an open battle - number of times ran 6
times that I recall. Combat archery involved.

Bridge scenarios with F1 taking on both F2 and F3 forces on the bridge.
Both single death and resurrection battles. No Combat archery involved
with these set of scenarios - archers re-inspecting their arrows.  I
recall approximately 30 minutes of constant fighting occurring during
this set of scenarios.

Continuing with the Bridge scenarios after a short break - 1st three
battles were to the last man standing, then to a resurrection battle.
Sides were divided up again to even the numbers. Combat archery involved
in all battles - the archers stayed in until they ran out of arrows.
Then the heavy fighters continue to fight until time was called.

A de-briefs was held between scenarios to discuss the tactics and
methods/suggestions to improve each individual fighting.

Michael Fray