[Elfsea] Blogs. All your questions answered.

Valentyn Drake DonValentyn at JeffTurnerFiction.com
Tue May 10 18:07:05 PDT 2005

Richard asketh:

> What is the appeal of Blogs?

Look at me!  Look at me!  Look at me!

> Do people who have Blogs think that no one will read them and put their
> own spin on things?

Yes.  I am convinced that nobody reads my blog.  Thus, I find it an
excellent place to reflect on the proceedings of the white scarf circle, air
out my friends' dirty laundry, and complain about my wife.

I'm hoping to some day find myself in an awkward situation brought about my
own lack of personal responsibility and exacerbated by pettiness and poor
decision making.  THEN I'll have something really blog-worthy!

> What do you do if someone takes your blog out of context?

I blog about that person.  Some creative theorizing about his/her home life
and personal habits are generally a good line of attack.

> How do you let someone know if something on a blog hurts you?

Generally I tell everyone in two baronies.  I figure, if I pass it on to
thirty-six people, they'll pass it on to one hundred and forty-four, and
eventually the person who slighted me will find out.

> Personally I would much rather talk to people on the phone or in person
> or write my private thoughts in a diary than something that can be
> accessed by anyone with a internet connection.

Is this a question?

> Do you think that Officers, nobles, peers etc should be held to higher
> standard on a blog? If so why?

Well, I think they should be able to spell better.  Maybe even use some
correct grammar on occasion.

> If problems arise from a blog comment what do you think is the best way
> to correct that situation?

The same as the hurtful comment above.  I think I should inform as many
people in the Society as possible and hope the most important people side
with me.  If this fails, I usually resort to petulance by threatening to
give back my awards, step down from any positions I'm holding, and hold my
breath until people see things my way.

> Richard Fairbourne

Valentyn