[Elfsea] OT: Why am I getting so many viruses?????????????

Greg Shetler frayduck at comcast.net
Fri May 6 08:24:03 PDT 2005

You can't really tell where a virus comes from, anymore - they often spoof
the "from" information.  There is probably one person who is infected, who
has your e-mail address and those of folks on this list - and so the virus
is sending out tons of viral spam, with different "from" addresses, in hopes
of catching somebody....

Since the law doesn't allow us to hunt down and quarter virus authors, keep
your virus protection current and use firewall software or and keep a router
between your computer and the outside world....

Dux