[Elfsea] RE: [Steppes] Blogs?

Trish Kvamme ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Thu May 12 13:57:57 PDT 2005

I totally understand your feelings I really do.  But I think that the BOD
addressed this with the early days of email, web sites and the IRC, anyone
who has read rec.org.sca can scratch their head in wonder.

If a person lets use your example has bad business practices, and has harmed
many by them within the SCA community, you betcha it is brought up in a
circle and other less formal discussions.

But it all goes back to the basics of first person confrontation of the
problems at hand.

I read Gunnora's repsonse and I think she summed it up outstandingly.

Unless the BOD ruling has changed, the word was that the electronic domain
is not the affairs of the SCA.

As a peer, and a past Crown, if someone came to me with words or asking for
action regarding a persons private blog or anything regarding an electronic
correspondence, I would most likely tell them to go and work it out
themselves.

The one exception is if you link that blog to an SCA official site, or if
you endager the non profit status of the SCA with a blog entry.  The latter
would be hard to do.

I think that one thing the electronic media of the internet has done for us
is to think that since information is more readily available, that things
that are certainly not our business have become so.

I completely respect apposing views on this matter, because it has layers
and layers of issues, what if's, and complications.

However, ***my opinion*** personally is that this is an inappropriate topic
for the SCA lists, and more appropriate for groups of friends to discuss as
philosophy.  *** is to reiterate that my opinion equals 1 in the list of
many who have had their say on all this.

Larissa