[Elfsea] Re: [Steppes] Middle eastern dance

Corwin mag Eoin corwinmageoin at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 13:08:44 PDT 2005

Hello all,

As an incentive to all you lovely dancers My lady and I have some hip scarves and belled anklets for our favorite dancers.  Drummers there will be something for you as well.  Hope to see you all there.

Corwin

"willowjonbardc at juno.com" <willowjonbardc at juno.com> wrote:
Hi Everyone.

Yes, we are having Middle Eastern dance on Wednesday at Pyro and Caelin's house, starting at 7:00. We will be doing some warm up dancing to get ourselves ready for the Hafla Saturday night at Warlord. If anyone has questions about what to do or wear to a Hafla you may come to the class or you may call or write me.
817-794-0320

A Hafla is a middle eastern Party. It is social dancing. Much of our time ladies of the Middle East wore tunics that looked very much like our under dresses. A light dress with a hip scarf would be fine to dance in. The hip scarf could be a simple piece of fabric. I have attached some pictures to look at. This is a joyful occasion celebrating Lord Corwin's Wedding it is not a A&S competition. Everyone is welcome come in what you have. Since this is a party it would be fun if you came with your bells and jewels and pretty colors, I will be promoting some individual dance for short periods of times so bring your favorite veils and props.
Duchess Willow de Wisp

Jackie

Knowledge is his heart, the word is his lips. His soul is air, his heart is fire, he is Horus of the double horizon who is in the sky.
http://mail.yahoo.com