[Elfsea] next.....

marilyn wolffe mmdswolffe at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 31 16:23:32 PDT 2005

Here, here well said Lady Willow!  I agree whole heartily---People sit back and bemoan this and that.  Wasting time and energy groaning about things---instead of getting involved making a difference!!  I have offered my services to Aislyn, I have the summer off( I love school teacher's schedules) and some time on my hands. If we all could devote some time, Defender would be a big success. A bit lighter load for Fearghus and Aislyn---and pride in the fact that we work together as a Family, as a Village, as a Canton.  Is that not what were about?

Meriyan

"willowjonbardc at juno.com" <willowjonbardc at juno.com> wrote:
Why did they think Defender wasn't going to be a good event? If it is something that can be worked on we should talk about it. Sometimes people think that the people in charge, those who do everything, as always going to be in charge so we can sit on our duffs and let them handle everything. The result of our laziness is we have no political conflicts and we have no creative input. The lack of our creative input results in apathy, which causes us to not go or to go and do no work. If the autocrats are willing to work with us I say lets us go to them and tell them things that would make us "happy" with the event. I know sometimes we can't head up the event, but I am sure the autocrats would be willing to try to find some up and coming organizer to head it up if we are willing to do some work. We just need to remember that given a weekend not all of our ideas can be done.

Here is an example of what I am talking about. My son Lord Jonathan the Younger wants to run a games, chess, backgammon etc tourney at an event. He hasn't been able to find an autocrat who was willing to let him have it. I know this is a small activity, but it has always been the high point for my sons when they were younger. It allows younger people and older to interact on the same field. Even if it makes a few people happy it is worthwhile.

Another example would be a quest. I can run it, but I could help.We need to have more events where the young people and the old people do things together. Elfsea used to be famous for its quests in which the quest teams had to have a young person. Now that we have youth fighting and boffer fighting we could have a mixed age quest and have each team needs a boffer fighter.

We need to present our ideas to the autocrats. Many times people are willing to do these things if they just know about them. The only problem is workers. For any activity you must have the people to do it.
My son is willing to run the gaming tournament so there should be no problem with him doing that. I on the other hand cannot run the quest so there would be a question about us doing that.

willow de wisp