[Elfsea] RE: cardweaving/local weaving stores

Jeannie H kyrithia at hotmail.com
Sat May 21 19:57:59 PDT 2005

Local weaving/fiberarts stores (the first two are more likely to have
cards/books or get them):

White Rock Weaving Center, as mentioned near White Rock Lake
1212 Tavaros Ave. Dallas, TX 75218 (214) 320-9276
--Anna is owner, nice selection of books, can't remember if has cards, lots
of coned yarn, some fiber for spinning, wheels/looms/tools **highly
recommend you call for hours/days--not usual regular store hours and parking
is tricky

Heritage Arts, Grandview (down I-35W, not too far south of metroplex, on
bed/breakfast ranch)
10740 County Road 102, Grandview, TX 76050 (817) 866-27
--Lorelei and a partner run it, smaller shop, usually have some more
interesting offerings (fleece, blended batts, etc) for spinning, tools, some
coned yarn, some books--neat little shop but I'd call if you're looking for
something particular

there's a yarn shop in McKinney that's started carrying spinning fiber too
and who knows what else, don't know how far she's gone with that line of
stuff, like into cards, etc.  don't have the info in front of me, but email
me if you're interested and I'll give you the details

Simpatico Yarns, 520 Bedford Road, Bedford (exit and it's just south of 183
a few blocks)
MaryJane is owner, nice small yarn shop, heavier to knitting, etc. but has
some spinning fibers and she's very willing to order anything for you from
any of her suppliers

here's a few online resources and links that might be worth exploring:
http://www.weavershand.com/   --lots of links
http://www.guntram.co.za/tabletweaving/index.htm   --has a design program,
links
http://www.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/weavedocs.html     --huge online
archive
http://www.allfiberarts.com/cs/ethnic.htm  --lots of links, various
fiberarts

Grainne Finneadan

>There is a weaving store with various accoutrements near White Rock Lake
in Dallas.  Someone more knowledgeable than myself on this list probably
has the store name and address??