[Elfsea] Blogs?

Mark Davis the5 at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 15:24:08 PDT 2005

Web-logging is publishing.  If you post it to the
internet, you are still publishing.  That being said,
you can express an opinion, but not lie.  I can say I
think the king is an <insert expletive or deviancy
here> and that is an opinion.  If I say he is actively
engaged in a dispicable act, that's a lie.  First talk
to the person, but remember that the same laws that
govern what you can say in print apply to blogs as
well.
    Onto the questions:
> What is the appeal of Blogs?
I have no idea.

> Do people who have Blogs think that no one will read
them and put their own spin on things?

A very naive blogger would.  Anything can and will be
taken out of context.

> What do you do if someone takes your blog out of
> context?
   Approach them reasonably, if that doesn't work, try
the authorities.

> How do you let someone know if something on a blog
> hurts you?

Verbally?  E-mail?  Phone call?  Just like you would
any other slight.

> Do you think that Officers, nobles, peers etc should
> be held to higher standard on a blog? If so why?

I refuse to dictate what a person puts on their own
blog.  If an officer or noble has a blog about
something I find repellant, I will not stop them or
expect them to adhere to any "higher" standard.

> If problems arise from a blog comment what do you
> think is the best way to correct that situation?

Talk to the people in question.

We are so concerned to flatter the majority that we lose sight of how very often it is necessary, in order to preserve freedom for the minority,let alone for the individual, to face that majority down.
-----------William F. Buckley.

Yahoo! Mail