[Elfsea] Re: [Steppes] Blogs?

Simone Ui'Dunlaingh simonemu at gmail.com
Tue May 10 17:37:54 PDT 2005

On 5/10/05, Dale, Richard N <DaleRN at aetna.com> wrote:

> Just trying to get some info.
>
> What is the appeal of Blogs?

 I keep an online jurnal that I recently moved from and invite only to
publicview at the request of my 2 older sons who are away at school and a
few of my sponcees. for them it is a way to keep up with what I am doing,
and a way fro me to pass on information to them or just share my opinion.

Do people who have Blogs think that no one will read them and put their
> own spin on things?

 I would hope they wouldn't, but with all media someone always does. I would
say if you are quoting someones blog link back to the original artical.

What do you do if someone takes your blog out of context?

 Talk with them. communication is the best way to avoid misunderstandings.
Assumptions however can be hurtful.

How do you let someone know if something on a blog hurts you?

 Talk with them about what they ment. make sure I am not taking thier words
out of context.

Personally I would much rather talk to people on the phone or in person
> or write my private thoughts in a diary than something that can be
> accessed by anyone with a internet connection.

 I still have an invite only Journal. my online journal is public becuse
those close requested it.

Do you think that Officers, nobles, peers etc should be held to higher
> standard on a blog? If so why?

 The area is gray. I think they should be able to express thier opinion like
everyone else. Yet as with all public media they as well as others should
take care not to slander or defame others. It is my humble opinion that we
are all humans beings and all falable. as such we should do our best not to
post to the negitive. butto post things that can be benifical. in that
aspect I think if they were using thier SCA name or tile they might want to
keep things positive and focus on solutions not problems.

Perhaps these are easy or hard questions. Just trying to figure out the
> whole Blog concept and idea.
>
> If problems arise from a blog comment what do you think is the best way
> to correct that situation?

 Talk with the author of the blog before talking to others. so that you know
were the writer was intending before taking that person to the cleaners..

Looking forward to the commentary.