[Elfsea] Newcomer news!

foofurjlr at aol.com foofurjlr at aol.com
Sun May 15 11:38:55 PDT 2005

 The Newcomers SCA 101 class will be held once a month on a Wednesday and once a month on a Sunday. The Wednesday meeting will be held at my home in Bedford and will start at 7:30pm and will last about two hours. It will be a general overview of the SCA and the Barony of Elfsea and will end with a trip over to the Wednesday fighter practice. I live on the Boys Ranch so this is very convenient. The Sunday class will be held at fighter practice in Arlington. Every month I will have Caelin post on the Hospitaler page which dates the classes will be held.

I am also planning a range of classes to teach newcomers and not-so-newcomers a variety of things. These are scheduled for the following dates. If you feel that you have something to contribute to a class scheduled below please contact me to teach one of them. If I do not get any volunteers than I will teach the class or nominate someone who seems to be the most knowledgeable.

June 18 – Persona Development (to be held along with Dinner and a Device)
               July 6 – List Mistressing
               July 20 – Vocal Heraldry
               Aug 10 – Water-bearing
               Aug 24 – Court etiquette
               Sept 14 – Event survival
               Sept 21 – Meeting with all newcomers in prep for Defender
               Oct 5 – Bidding for an event
               Oct 19 – War, what is it and what can I expect when I get there
               Nov 9 – How to be a Feast Steward
               Nov 23 – Chain of command

Thank you all for your time and let me know if you have any questions.

In Service of the Barony of Elfsea
Giliana Launceleyn - Hospitaler
foofurjlr at aol.com