[Elfsea] Back from Bordermarch Melees

dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Wed Nov 23 09:15:57 PST 2005

Greetings Good Gentles!

I wanted to extend my thanks to those good folks who helped make Bordermarch
Melees so much fun!

HL Medb and Centurion Daire, once again outdid themselves, coordinating meal
plans, preparing food and providing a lovely setting for our group to eat.
Such supreme effort with so little recognition. I truly appreciate what you
do for Elfsea!

Teresa likewise, was always working wherever I saw her. Helping Medb at camp
and serving food at the battlefield. She and Arias added greatly to the
ambience that was the Elfsea encampment as did Centurion Tomas, HL Rixende
(her oil lamps were lovely), and a frisky Lord Lochlan and Lady Gwen. HL
Fearghus and Lady Aislyn also joined in the fun on the battlefield. (It was
thrilling to see the glee in Lady Aislyn's eyes, who took to the field for
her first time. I think it's safe to say she's hooked. :-)

I may have missed someone else's report, but it is worth repeating:

HL Rixende de Rouen
and
Lady Aislyn of Glenwyrd Fen

each received their "Shakey Knees" for making their first battlefield kills
at Bordermarch Autumn Melees.
Well done Ladies!

And while most are probably aware that Sir Alexis joined the Order of the
Laurel to become one of Ansteorra's few triple peers, I have not seen it
widely reported that Baron Armand de Lacy was also named as Ansteorra's
newest White Scarf!

A fine event made all the better by good food, good fun and good friends.
And new friends, Lord Germanicus, formerly of Bordermarch, told me that he
now resides in Elfsea. We fought side-by-side in the Ravine battle and he
introduced me to his two very courteous children. Please help me welcome
Germanicus and his family once they are able to join in Elfsea's local
activities. He indicated that he lives very near our unofficial fighter
practice site, so I suspect we may see him there soon.

Making new friends and reveling with old ones, these are moments I cherish
in the SCA and I look forward to the next opportunity to create warm
memories that will include even more good gentles and friends of Elfsea!

With warm regards,
HE Armand Dragonetti
Baron of Elfsea